The topic for this assignment is Freedom and Security, it was due this morning but, the paper that I have already written may not get me the highest grade. An B (80%) or higher worthy paper is what i’m looking for.
Sources and Documentation
Sample Header and Title for Assignment Submissions
Kim Lee (student’s name)
Social Issue: Education and Empowerment (title)
The reflection questions are to be answered separately. (They are not part of the quote log.) Post these in the “comments” box when submitting your assignment. You can number your answers or write the in paragraph form. Be sure to address all four questions.
Sample Quote Log (first entry only is shown)
Social Issue: Education and Empowerment
Education and Empowerment
Contrary to popular opinion, education does not always lead to empowerment.
(1) Everyone does not have access to a quality education.
(2) Even with a quality education, lucrative employment opportunities are not guaranteed.
(3) Educated individuals may still face discrimination and other inequities that limit opportunities for success.
Anyon, J. (2016). Social class and the hidden curriculum of work. In G. Columbo (Ed.), Rereading America: Cultural contexts for critical thinking and writing (10th ed.) (pp. 136-153). Bedford St. Martin’s.
“Basil Bernstein, Pierre Bourdieu, and Michael W. Apple, focusing on school knowledge, have argued that knowledge and skills leading to social power and regard (medical, legal, managerial) are made available to the advantaged social groups but are withheld from the working classes, to whom a more ‘practical curriculum’ is offered (manual skills, clerical knowledge) ” (Anyon, 2016, p. 137).
Several researchers have pointed out that schools provide upper class students with the knowledge and skills needed for prestigious occupations. Such knowledge and skills are not given to students in the working class. Working class students are only provided with knowledge and skills for manual and clerical jobs (Anyon, 2016).
Explanation of quote selection and connection:
I selected this quote because it illustrates the difference in the quality of education students from various social class backgrounds receive. In order to get a high quality education that leads to well-paying jobs, you have to be a student from an upper class family. Without access to a quality education, it is impossible to have opportunities for success. Education will only empower those students who are lucky enough to receive a quality education.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25