psychology exercise and need the explanation and answer to help me learn.
Working with the Test Performance data set and the SPSS Assignment 2 Word Document, use SPSS to conduct ANOVA analyses and answer the related questions. Refer to the video tutorial (SPSS Tutorial Video 2: ANOVA) for help with this topic.
For additional details, please refer to the SPSS Assignment Guidelines and Rubric PDF document.
Requirements: As required
PSY 520 SPSS Assignments Guidelines and Rubric The SPSS assignments in this course provide you with an opportunity to practice using SPSS and working with data. Prompt: Access the SPSS software on SNHUs VDI. The data set required are provided in the VDI for you to access. Complete the appropriate SPSS Assignment document. Refer to the video tutorial in the appropriate module resources for specific instructions for working with SPSS for a particular assignment. Critical Elements Proficient (100%) Needs Improvement (85%) Not Evident (0%) Value Understanding of Concepts Discusses concepts covered in assignment with no gaps in accuracy or detail on all or most questions Discusses concepts covered in assignment, but with minor gaps in accuracy or detail on all or most questions Does not discuss concepts covered in assignment on all or most questions/discusses concepts covered in assignment, but with major gaps in accuracy or detail on all or most questions 40 Application of Technology Utilizes SPSS with no errors in procedure on all or most questions Utilizes SPSS with minor errors in procedure on all or most questions Utilizes SPSS with major errors in procedure on all or most questions 20 Analysis of Data Analyzes data with no errors on all or most questions Analyzes data, but with minor errors on all or most questions Does not analyze data on all or most questions/analyzes data but with major errors on all or most questions 40 Earned Total 100%
PSY 520 SPSS Assignment 2
Before you begin the assignment:
Read Chapter 14 in your Beginning Behavior Research: A Conceptual Primer textbook and Chapter 13 in your Discovering Statistics Using IBM SPSS Statistics textbook.
Review the video tutorial for an overview of conducting ANOVA analyses in SPSS.
Access and open the Test Performance SPSS data set.
An overview of the data set:
This data set represents hypothetical data from a study that examined how background music affected performance on a math test. Specifically, participants were randomly assigned to take a general math test with rock music, classical music, or white noise playing in the background. Further, participants were classified as being either high or low in math experience based on the number of college math courses they had taken.
Here is some more information about the variables in this hypothetical data set:
Number: The ID number of the participant
Sound: The type of background music participants heard while taking the test; 1 = rock, 2 = classical, and 3 = white noise
Experience: Participants who had taken three or more college math courses were classified as being high in math experience, whereas participants who had taken fewer than three were classified as being low. 1 = high and 2 = low
Anxiety: Anxiety during the test, with possible scores ranging from 0 to 50. Higher scores indicate higher levels of anxiety
Performance: Performance on the general math test, with possible scores ranging from 0 to 100. Higher scores indicate better performance on the test
1) Describe in your own words what type of research situations call for a researcher to use an ANOVA analysis.
Type answer below:
2a) Use the Compare Means function (AnalyzeCompare MeansMeans) to compare the means of the three Sound conditions on Anxiety and Performance.
Paste output below (Read carefully: The best way to do this is to select Copy Special? when copying from the SPSS output. Then select image as a format to copy. When pasting in Word, select Paste Special, choose a picture format, and then resize the image so it fits the screen):
2b) Based on these results, on which variable does it most appear there might be significant differences based on the Sound condition?
Type answer below:
3a) Conduct a one-way ANOVA on both Anxiety and Performance using Sound as the independent variable. That is, conduct two separate one-way ANOVAs, one with Anxiety as the dependent variable and one with Performance as the dependent variable.
Paste the output below (Read carefully: The best way to do this is to select Copy Special? when copying from the SPSS output. Then select image as a format to copy. When pasting in Word, select Paste Special, choose a picture format, and then resize the image so it fits the screen):
3b) Based on these results, were either of your ANOVAs significant? How can you tell? Use a cutoff level of .05 for your decision.
Type your answer below:
4a) Remember that in a one-way ANOVA, we are only looking at the impact of one variable on the dependent variable. Factorial ANOVAs, on the other hand, assess the impact of multiple independent variables. Conduct a factorial ANOVA on Performance using both Sound and Experience as independent variables. Be sure to choose the option to view the estimated marginal means (by selecting ?EM Means instead of ?Options) for all of your main effects and interactions?this will allow you to more easily interpret the results.
Paste your output for only the Test of Between-Subjects Effects below:
4b) Write the results of the ANOVA. For help, refer to the ?How to Present the Results of a Two-way ANOVA section of
Type answer below:
How to Access and Save SPSS Data Sets Within the VDI The data sets required to complete SPSS assignments have been provided within the virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI). When you first access the VDI, please be sure to log into your OneDrive account and save all the files/projects in your OneDrive. Use the following instructions to access the data sets. 1. Log in to the VDI from your learning environment. 2. On the virtual desktop, open IBM SPSS. 3. Close the Welcome to IBM SPSS Statistics window if it pops up. 4. Once you are at the IBM SPSS Statistics Data Editor window, you will use the following path: File > Open > Data.
5. Once the Open Data window is open, you will need to locate the SPSS Data (S:) Drive from the Look In drop-down menu. 6. Once under the SPSS Data drive, select your corresponding course. Then click on the data set you want to use. Note: For this example, we are using the PSY 510 Album Sales data set.
7. You should now see the data within the table in the IBM SPSS Statistics Data Editor window. 8. Refer to the corresponding SPSS assignment instructions to proceed with your work.
Once you have finished your work, you will need to save the data set and, in some instances, submit the data set along with your corresponding worksheet. To do this, follow the instructions provided below. 1. In the IBM SPSS Statistics Data Editor window, you will need to use the following path: File > Save As. 2. In the Save Data As window, save to the ?Documents folder and name your file using the following convention: File name: name_course_SPSS_assignment number (see example below) Click the Save button.
3. Once you have saved your file, it is saved (for the time being) on the VDI. You will need to remain in the VDI to submit your assignment. Please follow the steps below to submit your assignment: a. From the VDI desktop, open Google Chrome b. Log into Brightspace c. Within your course, go to the specific assignment you are working on and upload your file for submission from the ?Documents folder. Notes After uploading your assignment within the course, it is advised that you also save your work to a cloud-based storage option (e.g., OneDrive). This can be done by opening the OneDrive while on the VDI and saving your work from the documents folder to the OneDrive. Images in these instructions may look different from the software version you use. These images are for examples only. VDI loading times can vary depending on usage. Some actions may take time to load.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25