biology question and need support to help me learn.
Nomenclature and Classification :Q1. Why do we classify organisms?
By classifying organisms, it is easier and more convenient to study their characteristics. Similarities exhibited by various entities allow us to categorise different entities into a class and hence, study the group as a whole.
Q2. Give three examples of the range of variations that you see in life forms around you.
Listed below are a few ranges of variations observed in life forms:
(a) Small frog to big whale
(b) Creeper to the eucalyptus tree
(c) Black cuckoo to colourful peacockQ3. Which of the following do you think is a more basic characteristic for classifying organisms?
(a) The place where they live.
(b) The kind of cells they are made of. Why?
The most basic classification of organisms should be established on the kind of cells they are made up of. This is because the habitat can have species with different characteristics living harmoniously, whereas the entities with similar cell arrangements will exhibit equivalent characteristics.
Q4. What is the primary characteristic on which the broad division of organisms is made?
The basic characteristic on which organisms are primarily divided is the nature of cells. It is broadly classified as prokaryotic cells and eukaryotic cells, which furthermore is classified into subclasses.
Q5. On what basis are plants and animals put into different categories?
The following is the basis for the categorisation of plants and animals:
(a) The most fundamental consideration of classification is the presence and absence of a cell wall.
(b) The next important criterion is the mode of nutrition. The mechanism through which entities acquire their nutrients is used as the base for classification.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25