writing question and need guidance to help me learn.
Requirements: 6pages | .doc file
History of Economic Thought Review Questions #2
1. Explain the conditions and developments that triggered Adam Smiths ideas?
2. Explain major contributions of Adam Smith and how his thinking changed Economic thinking.
3. Adam Smith was educated as a Moral Philosopher and had initial professional assignment as that. Explain influences this training and profession on his Economics?
4. Explain how the fundamentals of Capitalism changed by Adam Smiths contributions. Also, discuss how these fundamentals influenced subsequent thinkers in Classical and neoclassical genre.
5. In Adam Smiths distribution theory, class conflict and social harmony existed simultaneously. Thinkers in classical and neoclassical theory either accepted as this contradiction or modified it. Discuss this seeming coexistence.
6. Explain Malthuss perception of classes and their distinct role in the developing social makeup of the time.
7. Malthuss famous (infamous) population theory helped explain his political economy. Discuss his political economy in light of (involvement of) his population theory.
8. Ricardo, at times accepting Smiths ideas, other times opposing them, developed his unique position where he found role for each distinct class. Explain his socioeconomic where landowners are the winners.
9. Political social theorists (classicals and neoclassicals) had to explain economic downturns as part of their social theory (political economy). Discuss their explanations of downturns (gluts or no gluts).
9. International trade preoccupied thoughts of Adam Smith, David Ricardo, Malthus and J.S. Mill ( a few to speak of). Explain ideas of period political economists on international trade and its impact on domestic (and perhaps world) economy.
10. Workers (lower income class offering only their labor to maintain subsistence) were aware that machinery was not the cause of their misery. Nevertheless, they attempted time to time to destroy machines, tools, and factories. Discuss laborers situation, position, and haplessness (no misspelling) during the Early and mature periods of Industrial Revolution.
11. Bentham, Say and Senior were the early developers of utility theory to explain value, exchange, class structure and distribution. Explain their take on utility that underlies these concepts in the period.
12. Starting with Adam Smith the concept of value evolved (Labor Theory of Value, Adding-Up-Cost theory, Marginal Utility theory and some combination of the three), Explain this evolution with references to the period scholars.
13. There were reformists and ?utopian socialists to ease the lower classes misery. Discuss their analyses and prescriptions.
14. Even though Bentham instigated he utility theory as the fundamental element of capitalistic Economics, he struggled with the theory. The utility Theory was integrated into current economic thinking by the Neoclassicals such as Menger, Clark and Marshall. Yet, works of latter Classical thinkers such as Senior Bastiat and J.S. Mill legitimized, perhaps reformed enough, to its acceptability and palatability as part of a scientific thinking. Discuss the contributions of the latter classicals in light of the progression.
15. Discuss the attempts to make economics ?scientific during the period.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25