writing report and need support to help me learn.
In this assignment, you will be completing a developmental assessment of a specific person and comparing them to established norms, developmental milestones, and theories and determining which developmental tasks have been met and unmet. You can choose any person make up a person.
Note: The assessment is not a chronological lifespan report of development from the viewpoint of a single theorist. It should focus on the subject?s current period of life utilizing multiple theories. However, if the subject has unmet tasks, you can examine earlier periods of life influential to the delay.
1. Select a subject (person at least 3 years old) who you know well enough to complete a developmental assessment.
2. Collect and provide a brief overview of the subject?s biographical information, including information such as their age, gender, family structure and living environment, education or employment setting, family socio-economic status, religious affiliation, ethnicity, or cultural elements etc.
3. Identify and report the subject’s current age period of development per textbook based on their chronological age.
Early Childhood; Middle Childhood; Late Childhood; Adolescence; Emerging Adulthood, Early Adulthood; Middle Adulthood; Late Adulthood
4. Thoroughly review the theories, skill concepts, and established norms and milestones from the course material that are relevant to the subject’s current age period.
5. Select several topics in each of the three developmental domains (physical, cognitive, and psychosocial) that you find interesting and relevant to the individual.
6. Describe and compare information about the subject’s functioning in your selected topic areas to cited normative information.
7. Assess the subject to determine if they have met or not met the developmental expectations according to the textbook and other associated course materials. Ensure the inclusion of various theoretical perspectives discussed in the course material.
8. Identify and suggest measures to assist in the healthy development of an unmet or delayed topic area discussed in the paper. Or if no areas of development are found to be unmet or delayed, suggest measures to maintain or further strengthen an already achieved topic area. The suggested measures to assist or maintain need to include clear reasoning supported by normative information – i.e. include a statement regarding why the measure to assist would likely help address the particular developmental objective.
The minimum length of the paper is 4 pages (not including the title or reference pages). The typical length required to cover all the rubric area thoroughly is 4-6 pages.
Utilize the course textbook as the main cited reference and use at least one other resource. The additional reference should be scholastic and published within the last 5 years.
Adhere to all APA style guidelines, such as cover and reference page formatting, spacing, font size, margins, page numbers, and in text citation formatting.
The quality and effectiveness of your writing is important. Please use professional/scholarly language that follows basic grammar and punctuation rules and maintains accurate spelling.
Please avoid overly casual or conversational language.
Growth and Development Assessment Project Grading Rubric
Criteria Ratings Pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeOverview of Subject
5 ptsExceptionalProvides a clear overview of the subject?s biographical data. 4 ptsEffectiveBrief overview of the subject?s biographical data. 2 ptsDevelopingLimited overview of the subject?s biographical data. Missing some key components. 0 ptsUnacceptableLacks a clear introduction of the subject?s biographical data.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeMet or Unmet Tasks
5 ptsExceptionalThoroughly recognizes unmet or uncompleted tasks of the individual’s current period of development for all domains of development (physical, cognitive, and psychosocial) 3 ptsEffectiveAdequately recognizes unmet or uncompleted of several tasks of the individual’s current period of development for some of the domains. 2 ptsDevelopingProvides a limited recognition of a few unmet or uncompleted tasks of the individual’s current period of development for a few of the domains. 0 ptsUnacceptableDoes not recognize any unmet or uncompleted of several tasks of the individual’s current period of development.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAPA Format and writing
10 ptsExceptionalEffective writing with professional language throughout. Follows rules of grammar and punctuation and spelling is correct. Proper APA formatting (font size, margins, in-text citations, reference page, title page, etc.) 8 ptsEffectiveLanguage is mostly professional, and writing is somewhat clear and comprehensive. Minimal errors with grammar and punctuation. Spelling is correct with minimal typos. Some minor errors with APA formatting throughout. 6 ptsDevelopingLanguage is somewhat professional and/or has multiple grammar, spelling, or mechanical errors and/or many APA formatting errors throughout. 0 ptsUnacceptableExcessive grammar, spelling, or mechanical errors. Lacks proper APA formatting (font size, margins, in-text citations, reference page, title page, etc.)
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeReferences
5 ptsExceptionalStudent adequately identifies, categorizes, evaluates and cites the required textbook and at least one other outside source. References are scholastic in nature and were published within the last 5 years 3 ptsEffectiveStudent identifies, categorizes, evaluates and cites two outside sources but not the required textbook. References are relevant and scholastic in nature OR only cites the textbook and does not include an additional resource. 2 ptsDevelopingStudent only utilized one scholastic source. May have utilized additional sources that were not scholastic in nature and/or some resources may not be completely relevant, or adequate. 0 ptsUnacceptableLacked scholastic sources. Student fails to identify, categorize, and/or evaluate resources and/or cites information resources in which most are not completely relevant or adequate.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeFormat and Length
5 ptsExceptionalPaper is at least four completed pages of content and student submits the assignment with all necessary components included and follows all directions. 3 ptsEffectivePaper is less than four completed pages of content and/or student submits most of the components of the assignment and follows most of the directions. 1 ptsDevelopingPaper is less than three completed pages of content and/or student submits some of the components of the assignment and follows some of the directions. 0 ptsUnacceptablePaper is less than two completed pages of content and/or student does not submit all components of the assignment and does not follow directions.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeComparisons of Cognitive Developmentthreshold: 15.0 pts
15 pts 12 pts 8 pts 0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeComparisons of Physical Developmentthreshold: 15.0 pts
15 pts 12 pts 8 pts 0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeTheoretical description of the subject?s current period of lifethreshold: 15.0 pts
15 pts 12 pts 8 pts 0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeComparisons of Psychosocial Developmentthreshold: 15.0 pts
15 pts 12 pts 8 pts 0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeMeasures to assistthreshold: 10.0 pts
10 pts 8 pts 6 pts 0 pts
Total Points: 100
Requirements: 4-6 pages not including cover and reference pages
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25