Respond to at least two colleagues:
· Identify a specific ethical standard of the NASW Code of Ethics.
· Explain how the standard might apply to the scenario your colleague created.
1.The core value that I chose was Social Justice. Social Justice is defined as a view that everyone deserves equal economic, political and social rights and opportunities. I believe this value is still very important especially since it relates not only to past social issues, but also these current social issues. I believe also that social justice is also means including clients in decision-making, providing necessities for the client to thrive and being supportive of all different people and their circumstances.
A scenario that I thought of was an elderly man named Mr. Lee. He is elderly and lives alone. Mr. Lee's daughter Amy comes to visit him often and overtime, she starts to notice that he has started to decline in health. Amy suggested to the social worker that she would like her father to transition into a nursing home so he is able to have more help. However, when Amy told the idea to her father, he disagreed and told his daughter that he would like to continue living in his home. The social worker in this scenario would have a sit-down meeting with both Amy and her father to discuss options such as nursing or homemaking services. This would be the best option because Mr. Lee is able to stay in the comfort of his home while still receiving the services that he needs. I also feel that this scenario is a good example of social justice because Mr. Lee was able to express his concerns and was involved in the decision-making process of his end of life plan.
2. Out of the six core values in the NASW code of ethics I chose Integrity. A scenario that would have a social worker using this ethic and upholding that value is if their client wanted a specific plan to help them out of (addiction, homelessness, mental health) but looking at the plan and doing some research on it the social worker thought it was not the best option for the client to get the help they needed or to seek the right things to get them back on their feet. The social worker could use the integrity value and be open and honest and communicate to the client why they think that plan is not the best fit for them and which route they should take, and just being trustworthy and analyzing everything so they are able to show commitment to the client. That is also when informed consent comes in, so they can understand the services and plans the social worker has for them but the client can also refuse the service at any time.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25