A african american man, who was 5' 11" and weighed 200 pounds, and a latino man, who was 5' tall and weighed 100 pounds, are walking through a white affluent neighborhood in Chevy Chase, Maryland at midnight when the police approach them and ask for identification which was provided. The men were carrying bags with various household items in them along with clothing. The police continue to detain the men to investigate whether the men had been up to no good. The neighborhood had experienced a number of burglaries about one month ago. The home owners had given descriptions for the suspects describing them as medium height and weight, possibly spanish or caucasian. Neither of the men have any outstanding warrants, but both have criminal records for prior burglaries and robberies. The police thereafter continue holding them and proceed to pat them down. Each man had knives on them as well.
The police arrest the men for burglary and possession of deadly weapons..
Your law firm moves to suppress the evidence based upon a violation of their Fourth Amendment rights.
I want you to write a 7 page paper discussing whether the men's rights had been violated by the police by the initial stop and the continuing detention.. I want you to use 8 resources, 6 of which are from law journals, academic journals, and legal resources. Use at least one from each category. Include why the police actions were lawful and why they were unlawful.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25