35 Unread replies35 Replies
Having an adequate data model to serve specific business needs of an organization is important.
Respond to student below
Yesterday May 19 at 12:42pm
An adequate data model that serves an organization's specific business needs is pivotal for various reasons. It allows for streamlined decision-making, enhanced operational efficiency, and improved strategic planning. Yet, it's equally important to note that not all data models should strictly adhere to normalization rules. Sometimes, denormalization can significantly benefit an organization and its data consumers. Denormalization refers to integrating data from multiple tables into one table, thereby enabling faster retrieval. This may go against the normalization approach of reducing data redundancy, but it can be handy in specific scenarios. Consider the first example of a large-scale e-commerce company. Product searches, page views, and transaction handling require rapid data access in such companies. To provide this, an e-commerce company might denormalize its product data, incorporating product details, reviews, and related product suggestions all within a single table. This could dramatically reduce the time it takes for the server to retrieve and display product data to the end user, enhancing the overall user experience. Consider a scenario involving a large enterprise's business intelligence unit. Analysts often need to quickly generate comprehensive reports that span multiple aspects of the business. Data stored in a heavily normalized form may require complex, time-consuming queries that combine multiple tables to retrieve the necessary information. Denormalization can simplify this process by consolidating relevant data into fewer tables, making retrieval faster and more efficient. Consider a real-time analytics scenario. Organizations tracking real-time user interactions, such as clicks or page views, must rapidly process high-velocity data. In such situations, denormalization can be advantageous. By reducing the number of necessary databases joins, the organization can process and analyze data faster, providing insights in near real-time.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25